LAKE PARK HIGH SCHOOL
CLASS OF 1959
On September 4, 1956 Lake Park High School in Medinah, Illinois
opened its doors to 320 freshman, sophomores, and juniors. Carl M.
Forrester was Lake Park's first superintendent along with 18 faculty
members.  The students came from the communities of Itasca,
Keeneyville, Medinah and Roselle. The sophomores and juniors had
attended either Fenton High School in Bensenville or Glenbard High
School in Glen Ellen for their prior high school classes. We were the
second graduating class and the commencement was held on Friday
evening June 12, 1959, when 77 students received their diplomas.

Since its opening days, Lake Park High School has been committed to
provide an extensive program of extracurricular opportunities to
complement its instructional program. As early as 1958 Lake Park's
extracurricular program involved 87 percent of the student body. Lake
Park was originally a member of the Tri-County Conference.

Over the years, Lake Park's dedication to providing quality academic
and extracurricular activities for students has provided graduates with
the knowledge and skills to be successful in a variety of endeavors

Much has changed at Lake Park over the past 50 years. The little brick
building surrounded by mud and farmland has been transformed and
expanded by time and vision to the East and West campuses. The
number of faculty and staff has grown from 18 to over 300. The
student body has also grown from that small little group of 320 to well
over 2900.  The "Greater Lake Park Community" has grown from a
group of small hamlets and villages to a cluster of large suburban
areas.  
THIS IS LAKE PARK
HOME OF THE LANCERS
Home